Building Permits

Please get your permit at city hall before you begin building. Permits are needed for all new construction (room additions, garages, carports and fences) plus siding and roofing. If you have any questions, call Building Inspector Don Clayton at 973-1536.

Permits are good for 6 months, and work must be completed within this time frame. All contractors doing work within the city of Amboy must register at City Hall.

Building & Zoning Department: Don Clayton, 973-0405

Building Permit Fees

Community Center

Located at 280 W. Wasson Road, the Community Center hosts a variety of activities, with senior meals served weekdays. The center is available to rent for meetings, receptions and parties. Call City Hall for more information.
Skip to content